The Vance Charter School Foundation Board is actively seeking a full time employee to fill the position of Community Outreach Coordinator. This employee will be responsible for duties involving communication and promotion of the Vance Charter School Foundation.
- The ideal candidate would be asked to handle the following duties and provide regular updates to the board of directors.
- The main role of the candidate will be to increase giving to the VCS Foundation by:
- Maintaining social media accounts by posting regular updates on the school’s social media outlets
- Periodic robocalls to update our families on current events and business pertaining to the foundation board
- Development and execution of strategic marketing plan
- Work closely with board members on special events such as murder mystery, fall festival, giving Tuesday etc.
- Create and manage a corporate and individual donation program
- Work to increase community presence and image of VCS through marketing, networking and public relations
- Establish and maintain partnerships with community organizations and businesses that would help support our mission
- Provide monthly updates to the board of directors for both the foundation and the school
An associate’s degree or related work experience is required. Preference will be given to candidates with experience and or interest in fundraising, marketing, and non-profit management. The candidate must be an exceptionally organized, detail-oriented self-starter who is personable and has outstanding written and verbal communication skills. He or she must have the ability to multi-task and adjust to seasonal or event related fluctuations in workload. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Knowledge of fundraising database program is a plus. While training and management support will be provided, the candidate must possess the ability to work autonomously and with limited direction. He or she must have a willingness to interact with the public. The candidate must also have the ability to life event boxes, tables and chairs that can weigh 25-30 lbs.
This is a full time salaried position with periodic evening and weekend work. The employee will report to the VCS foundation board of directors primarily the personnel committee. No staff preference will be given for this position
Please submit resumes to:
Vance Charter School Foundation
Attn: Kim Davis
2090 Ross Mill Rd
Henderson NC 27537
Or email to: email@example.com
By web site